Monday, December 20, 2010

What a great weekend we had. Good weather, good conditions = good times.

It was really nice to see so many familiar faces back sledding again. Thanks for stopping by. Thanks also to all the people that said they read the blog. It soothes my fragile ego and let's me know that you came this far is because of what you read. It also gilts me into updating regularly.

The trails were in good shape on Friday but with so much traffic on Saturday by Sunday they were toast. No grooming was done on Sunday night so its still pretty rough out there.

I haven't heard when grooming will resume. One of the groomers was undergoing repairs this week. If they start up again I will let you know.

It didn't snow much over the weekend so no new snow yet. It is overcast and my sinuses are all plugged so that may mean more snow.

New this year to Bancroft are the Snowmobile Races. February 5 & 6 there will be two days of racing. The track is being built just across the road from Cafe BC in Birds Creek. I am not sure of the details but check out www.highspeedmotorsports.ca or call Harold Foyster (705) 457-2278 for more information. When I find out more I'll share with the class.

Don't forget that we have fuel in Lake St. Peter now. Go figure--a gas station that actually sells fuel AND all kinds of other stuff!!!

I am happy to report that Jim had his new sled out last weekend and returned home unscathed in one piece not needing any repairs. Now his new friend Gin Boy-well that's another story. I'll just say that he is much nicer at breakfast than later in the day.

That's it for now. I'll be back when I have more info to report or maybe a sad and touching story to share.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: