Thursday, March 03, 2011

Just a quick update before the weekend.

It was minus 29 at 5:15 this morning and it was still minus 29 when I came to work at 6:30. Needless to say the trail conditions are remaining the same.

I didn't see the groomer go by yesterday but all riders in said that the trails are in great shape with the new snow. The lake crossings are all good. We had a bit more snow on Wednesday morning other than that it has been sunny and cold. Great sledding weather.

It's nice to see the days getting longer and the snowbanks getting higher.

We seemed to have dodged a bullet in the OPP department also. I haven't seen or heard of any in the area since the dreaded Madawaska Cup weekend. I guess they have rocks in other parts of the province to crawl out from under.

Nothing more to say about conditions. This will be my last post until at least Sunday. My younger sister, being the slow learner that she is, is getting married again on Friday night. So I will be leaving the hustle and bustle of LSP to join in the festivities with my brothers and other sister. Yee Haw she says with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

I hope you can make it up on the weekend for some great riding.
Back Sunday-or maybe Monday.
Cheers
Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your BLOG , we are in Eagle Lkae and the updates are fantastic

Sheila said...

Nancy,seven of us were into your restaurant yesterday.I was hoping to meet you, the boys said that I would really like you, so you must be a very unique lady.This was my first long outing on my skidoo this year.My brother Gary had phoned you the day before to ask about conditions.I really enjoyed my meal, I had your homemade turkey and rice soup and poutine.The lady waiting on us (Chapstick?? ) said you do your french fries in potato flour to make them crispy. They were the best I have ever had.Sorry I did not get to meet you, but you can bet we will be back. The trails were beautiful, the boys said it was the best trip they have had this winter.I love your blog, you give me some good laughs and we all need that!!! Thanks for the memories! Sheila Smith