Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WHO TURNED DOWN THE HEAT? Just when mother nature spoiled us she had to go and pull the plug again. Drat!!!

However on the up side the ice went out of Mink Lake and Lake St. Peter last Sunday. The earliest that any one can remember it ever going out and Charlie Foster has been keeping records for 30 years. Needless to say I haven't seen any more mosquitoes this week.

The ATV's are starting to come out a little which is nice to see. No more dramatic rides for me yet but the season hasn't begun yet. Lots of time for foolishness.

On a scarey note we were on our usual Sunday trek around the hunt camp with the dogs when the beagle and the retriever got on the scent of something and went for a run. They didn't come back and hadn't been seen since. I was starting to fear the worst. They are usually back in an hour or two. The guys went out on the ATV's this morning to look through the bush in some of the harder to reach places. While I was updating I got a call that they found the retriever (I had to stop to go and pick him up). I am so grateful to all of the people that helped us by driving around the back roads and checking the property during the day. It sure isn't the same going for a walk in the morning without Buddy. I only hope that the find the beagle also. I will know later today.

I can't think of too much more to report.

Just a reminder of the ATV run here at the diner on April 28. It should be a good run. If you want more info or accommodation call us anytime. 613-338-3043 I hope some of you can make it up.

Back in a few days.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: