Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Okay it is almost 6:30 and I am ready to go home, make dinner and crash so no witty banter, touching stories or shout outs to anyone, although there have been many over the weekend.

I waited until today to update because I wanted to see how much snow fell overnight.  Well not much overnight but it snowed of and on (mostly on) all day.  I came to work in my shoes and I really wish that I had worn boots.  We got quite a few inches and it doesn't look like it is going to stop any time soon. 

It has warmed up from the weekend and is really quite nice out. 

The groomers have been out grooming madly.  Every trail in the system has been done in the last 24 hours.  They have groomed every day since last Tuesday and there are no signs that they are slowing down.  Kudos to those guys.  One groomer was in this morning and he was out yesterday from 9 am until 6 pm and he is back out again this afternoon.  They are still working on the Madawaska trail and have something special for groomer to climb the icy hill.  Cleats or spikes or something like that.  I really should pay more attention.

Riders in yesterday and today say that they have never seen the trails in better shape.  Even with such a busy weekend they were well kept up.

So things are looking good for this weekend.  I will be back Thursday with an update.

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: