Friday, May 03, 2013

I hate to start off whining but whine I must.  The spring peepers are back.  Bless there little hearts they can not be an endangered species.

Spring peepers are nocturnal.  And they start there wonderful little peeping sound early in the evening a sure sign of spring and it continues ALL NIGHT LONG or at least until four am.  Then you get the 5:30 wake up call from the geese.  Now all geese do is eat and poop all day is there any reason why this must start at 5:30 am!!!  To add to the situation the big guy had to leave for work at 4 am with a small dose of TSN just before leaving because you never know what may have happened overnight.

I'm not much of a morning person,  I'd like a nap in the afternoon and I'm in bed by 10 pm so I really haven't found the time of day when I shine but I know it's not the morning.  I have had to open up a number of days this week before 7 as well as a day trip to Toronto thrown in to make life interesting.

Needless to say with my injured arm, peeping peepers and honking geese I may be a little crankier than normal this weekend.  Don't hide the wine!!!  At least the big guy is working away after this week so I won't have to deal with the 4 am departures all summer.

Speaking of wine I did have a little sip on the deck this week.  The black flies haven't started yet but the mosquitoes are getting quite friendly.

It is so nice to see it daylight until almost 8:30 a sure sign that spring must be here.  All the snow is gone from most places.  There is still some in the bush though.  ATV trails are all usable now.  We were out last Saturday and had a great ride.  Still lots of water.  I learned two things last week, 1-I need new rubber boots and 2-I need a firmer stopemfloppem.  My feet were soaked from leaky rubber boots and the girls were exhausted from all of the bouncing around.

I have been asked about rescheduling the ATV run.  I will probably wait until the fall.  I have a lot going on in the next few weeks.  I don't want to do it in June with the black flies and folks are too busy in summer with family things. I will post when I have a date.

You will notice the next time you are by that I am having a new roof put on the diner.  That is when Ontario Hydro shows up to do their part.  You may have noticed the leaky ceiling inside the diner, well that will be fixed along with the outside.  I am looking forward to the improvement.

Pretty quiet now for a while.   There is not much going on, but you can see the traffic increasing and lots of building has stared.  So that's it for now and probably for the weekend.

Stop by if you are in the area.
Cheers
Nancy

No comments: