Sunday, December 22, 2013

It"s been a long time since the snow out front has been piled up past the bottom of the window. But this year we are there. I had to shovel out the back and front doors this morning just to get into the place.

I got that six o'clock call from the cook saying that she couldn't come in today because of bad weather.   This is payday so it must have been really bad or she would have been here. I helped out at the Arlington last night and didn't get home until after midnight so I was a little groggy this morning. Good thing I wasn't enjoying frosty beverages last night or it wouldn't be a pretty sight this morning.

I could see that the groomer had gone over the Papineau way last night. I don't know any more than that about the grooming. I know a lot if other stuff but most of it is useless information or idle gossip.

Well I'd better get stared as not only is the cook off but so is the server so I'm the best anyone will be getting this morning. I can't imagine being run off my feet but you never know.

Kudos to my trusty snow  plough guy. He has been here every snowy morning by 6:30 to have the lot cleared and is doing a great job.  Thanks Darren.

Have a very Merry Christmas and safe travels over the next few days. Here's hoping that some of those miles are on a sled

Back in a few days
Cheers
Nancy

2 comments:

Peter from Oshawa said...

Nancy, has anyone ever mentioned you should have a web-cam overlooking the parking lot so we can see how much snow there is??? :)





...........sorry, I had to!! ;)

Thanks for the wonderful updates ..... looking forward to getting back out on the snow soon, and stopping by for lunch.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Terry said...

Merry Christmas Nancy!!! See you spring of 2014!!! London cottagers