Tuesday, February 04, 2014

At last a few minutes to post because I have a rant and I haven't had a good rant in a long while.

To the dum-ass sledder who called Dianne Hammond of the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers to either point out or complain that the Porerville blog had not been updated in a week.

Please note that the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers are in no way responsible for the activity at the Porterville Diner or the blog.  I am quite sure that Dianne is busy enough at this time of year with real concerns without being hounded about what I do.

This has been the best sledding year in Ontario for a long time.  So it should go without saying that when 8 inches of snow falls from Oshawa to Oakville a few flakes may have fallen here too.  There is probably not very much of the Province that is not snow covered, so again you could assume that we also have a goodly amount of snow here.  Is it really that important to know which trails were groomed yesterday when all the trails are in excellent shape. 

Well pardon me for getting sick and spoiling your whole week.  Let's hope that was your biggest crisis last week.  FYI you must realize that the weather is broadcast on the TV and radio every 10  minutes 24/7 so you are never out of touch!!

Whew glad I got that off my chest.  I'm feeling better already. 

Riders in today from everywhere said that the trails are great.  The weather the last two day has been perfect and the riding is amazing.  We are starting to see the larger groups and overnighters that February brings.

It is even nice to see that it is light by seven and not dark til almost 6.  Longer riding days. 

Well that's it for now. I'm told a big storm is coming again.  I hope it doesn't hit down south again.

Back later in the week.
Cheers
Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said