Friday, March 14, 2014

The end of the march break already.  I can hear the parents sighing from here.

I spoke to Herb Hammond and he told me that all trails were groomed either yesterday or day.   The only exception would be the Mink Lake trail.  Riders in today are saying the conditions are mint.  The road crossing are looking a little ugly but not much you can do about that. 

So if you are able to get up for a ride this weekend will be great.  And it looks like there will be a few more weeks after that.

I will keep in touch with the groomers over the next few weeks.

Now I haven't had a sad and touching story all winter and now I finally have one, so here goes.  Stop reading now if I'm not going to get any sympathy.

My daughter, granddaughter and I headed out on Wednesday afternoon to the wilds of Bomanville for a stop over before going to see Disney on Ice on Thursday.  WELL we had to get off 115, it was closed due to a 20 car pile up.  So we headed for the side roads trying to make our way to Taunton Rd..  After a half hour delay (some people just don't know how to drive) we made it to Taunton only to get caught in a whiteout and get creamed in an accident.  We are all well, no one was hurt in our car, not the same for others but my new car is not looking very pretty just now.

To add to the adventure we headed into Toronto.  At 10:30 what should have been a 30 minute drive turned into a 1 1/2 hour drive.  We eventually made it to the Scarborough Town Centre and then another 20 minutes to find the entrance to the LRT.  That was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  Very frustrating. Our trip from Union Station (something I have done many times) to the Rogers Centre was another comedy of errors.  I had to ask direction 3 times before we arrived at the Rogers Centre 1/2 hour late and freezing.  I have never felt more like a tourist in my life in a city that I was raised in.  If there was a wrong turn, a wrong door or the wrong direction to take we found them all.  Oh my what a day.  My last bone head play was when we got on the subway and headed in the wrong direction.  At that point my daughter fell into hysterical laughter which made me laugh and the poor three year old had no clue what was so funny.  Well after a very long day we finally made our way home in the rental car about 9:00. Thank goodness. 

My daughter feels that we have had so many uneventful trips to the city that we were due having one where nothing went right.

Here's hoping that you are able to make it up this was for another ride or two.  We will be here!!

Cheers
Nancy

No comments: